Just got back from an amazing weekend with my girls. I am very blessed. We headed out to Choctaw Casino & Resort on Friday to spend the weekend living it up. The posse included Sav, Kay, Camille, Syd, Tg, Mom & Nita.
Was not expecting gifts and I was showered with them all weekend. Here is,my bride gear from Sav 💜
Day 1 : Friday in the Pool at 2:30 👍
First drink: Shark Bite at the Swim up Bar .
Me & Kay by the Pool 👭
The Room Decor 💜💜
Gifts gifts and more gifts
Omg the cutest gift bags for everyone!! MOH is the best.
Ended night 1 in the hot tub laughing so hard my stomach hurt.. 👭👭
Mom got us a cabana at the pool for the whole day so we enjoyed life at the resort pool until about 4 🙂 Then napped, showered, went out and bowled.. Busy Busy day !!
Ready for our night out 👭
Had the best time with my girls. Cannot thank them enough for celebrating my engagement and upcoming wedding. Blessed with the best ….
💜 Thanks for reading 💜
August 12th- 5 blessings in your life. This is a hard one . Im blessed more than I should be.
1. My job. As much as I want to be a millonaire and never work I have an awesome job till I hit that jackpot. 💙
2. The unfollow button on facebook. 😂😂Best of both worlds dont have to delete that annoying friend and cause drama. But also dont have to look at all that stupid crap they post.
3. Blessed to be able to laugh instead of cry. Most times . 🙄
4. Blessed with an amazing small group of loyal friends
5. Blessed with the best partner for life. He loves me for me
August 13th- What are you excited about ?
Im excited for the upcoming wedding. Only 55 more days ! I never knew I could be this happy. Im also excited for Sydnees wedding a week before mine. 💜💙
The Brides & Grooms of Fall
Here are a,couple of pics I took of S & K in 2012 !!!
August 8th: Something you struggle with..
Struggles are always hard to talk about. Why is that ? The more you talk and understand the problem the quicker you can work through it. It took me a long time to realize that. This post is probably the most honest and raw I have been. I have lived with and struggled with anxiety and depression for as long as I can remember. At 15 I was diagnosed with PTSD for some things,that happened in my childhood. At 15 I thought I knew it all and didnt need medication or counseling. I was stubborn and far too emotional for any type of help or guidance. I hid it very well for a long time. But as everyone knows repressing and not dealing with your issues will eventually blow up in your face. I can honestly say the mental health system failed me over and over. Without reliving each time I will just say I was turned away more than I was helped. That was a tough time not feeling that you can go on and crying out for professional help but getting nothing in return. Then there was rock bottom. I hit it hard. I didnt want to go on but finally I found a counselor and a medication that worked for me. I worked hard to love myself again and somedays its a struggle but I can honestly say that I am a new person. So Yes I am a big advocate for mental health issues. I hate the stigmatism around it. Its real people and its a life long battle.
August 9th: Post some words of wisdom that speak to you.
Day2: Something someone told me about myself that I never forgot.
This one is a tough one….. I do remember a dear friend of mine and I just talking about our lives the good the bad and the ugly…. And her saying Kane you are so brave & a survivor…. I never thought of myself like that. I just take life as it comes. Ive been dealt some bad cards but survived and now the happiest I have ever been preparing for my upcoming wedding.
Day 3: Top 3 Pet Peeves…
Im going to break out my negative nancy here 🙂
1. Inconsiderate people: Take a minute and consider how your actions or words affects others… Be Kind People
2. Loud People. My mom always told me I am my Papa Bill made over. He couldnt handle people slamming the door or being loud. Take it down a notch …..
3. Slow drivers in the fast lane…. http://5newsonline.com/2017/07/31/new-left-lane-law-will-soon-go-into-effect-in-oklahoma/
MOVE OVER slowpokes . NEW law in ok…
Thanks for reading 💙💙
Warning I have already taken my ambien for the evening and just feel like shooting it straight lol. I used to not have so many pet peeves but the older I get the more people drive me nuts. Ill just do 4 top ones for this evening before I go comatose.
1. Facebook status posting about how sick you are……. WTF if you were that sick you wouldnt be on your phone. Your head or ass would be in a toilet somewhere. Sorry sister no sympathy from me. ✔ unfollow
2. LOUD people in quiet places. Get your damn ears checked noome wants to hear your entire lunch order from across the room. Put the megaphone down & step away. 🚫Block
3. People of walmart be damned. Its like a circus in there. The last time I went two teenage boys was racing on the motorized scooters. A couple was throwing a softball up and down the aisle. Then comes around the corner food stamp queen with 6 kids dirty and rolling all over the floor. REALLY cant I just get some necessities & get out. ☠☢☡
4. Rude Customer Service People. Um excuse,me I didnt pick your job and I dont need your attitude. Im sorry you have to deal with the public they suck I know. But I am always kind and respectful and expect the same….
And so I leave you with this: You have to laugh to keep from crying….
What autoimmune disorder means to me . The first word that comes to mind is pain. The most excruciating pain I’ve ever felt . Imagine every food you consume attacks your body . The only thing that stops the pain is sleep .
The second thought is no cure . Never ending . No answers. Lifelong. Countless surgeries , countess medicines , countless appointments . Hearing let’s try this for a while .
Next is the judgement . I am blessed with friends an family that understand my illness . But I know that some people that I encounter judge and do not understand . Canceled plans become more normal than one would like. I’m grateful for understanding friends and a considerate boyfriend .
Be kind for you do not know the battle that person is fighting .